Michael Tobin - Periodontist

I have very good dental insurance, which Dr. Tobin would not accept because it was my first visit.

I paid $125 up front. I was told that the office would submit my claim, and it would be mailed to them. Then a check would be written out and sent to me. In about 2 months, I received a check for $25 (after calling numerous times) from Dr.

Tobin. There was no paperwork attached, so I have no idea how this figure was arrived at. I called his office many times to request a written explanation and got nowhere.

Even my insurance company told me to get this info from him. What are they hiding here?

Review about: Dental Insurance.

Comments

In 22 yrs.,I have never seen a check come without an explanation of benefits = the date , the procedure, cost, then percent covered and any that the patient has to pay.

Your insurance is an agreement between you and your ins. company, not the insurance company and your dentist.

The dentist sends in the procedures and the fees and the insurance company pays or not. You need to take up your gripe with the ins. company but Im certain if you ask nice that the office would help you interpret the explanation. the ins. company sends this explanation of benefits to the office and the client....unless it is delta dental. your ins. company would have paid out the same no matter who you went to and the fees the dentist submits are standard. insurance companies are the bane of society and the run around they give everyone, I certain is part of the higher fees and why a clinic would have a client pay up front until they find out what to expect from each plan.